A day in the life of Sackmann Cattle Company.

The pictures, stories, and crazy times in our world.







April 18, 2011

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood . . . . . .

Jeff keeps telling me it's March. Around here it generally doesn't matter what day of the week it is - so if someone tries to tell me a wrong day/date I can be taken in very easily.

These pictures might help explain why Jeff's trying to confuse me.


So, some of the ice had already melted by the time I took a picture - but you get the drift of our weather of late. I went to a MBA (Master's of Beef Advocacy that is) training in Pullman yesterday. I talked to one of our "old" professors. He told me one of his neighbors (large Whitman County farmers) where considering planting rice! We haven't been that wet but certainly unseasonable cold. Looks like hay & pastures are 3 plus weeks behind to date. The fall cows are mad. They think it is time to be on pasture - but for some reason when it freezes at night and might hit 60 during the day the grass doesn't grow too much.



To top off the ice, when Jeff came home late morning to move this water it was snowing. It didn't stick but there was snow falling from the sky! Oh well. Remind me to not whine in August. Maybe if I keep saying it it will come true - "Happy Spring!".


No comments:

Post a Comment